Old 17-03-2005, 03:28 PM
jane

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:55:42 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

~The message
~from Broadback contains these words:
~
~ Pam Moore wrote:
~
~ Does anyone know where I can buy snowdrops in the green? Anywhere in
~ the Bristol area, or Salisbury or Newbury? Or any mail order sites?
~ Now I can't drive I am limited but a friend wants some too and is off
~ to Salisbury and Newbury tomorrow!
~ I can't go touring garden centres and have had to give up most of my
~ gardening mags as my sight makes reading difficult.
~ Any help gratefully received.
~
~
~ Pam in Bristol
~ I bought mine on EBay, just after my wife pointed out an advert where
~ there were double the quantity for the same price. Still they are in now.
~
~ There have been press reports warning about bulbs-in-the-green stolen
~en masse from woodlands and sold. Best to use a supplier who grows
~them.
~
~ Adverts from current Gardens Illustrated magazine (which I've just
~noticed, has acquired the BBC logo on the cover..no wonder it's going
~downhill)
~
~Greenfield Bulbs, Norfolk, tel 01553 828699
~
~single-flowers, £8 per 100, doubles, £12 per 100, £3 post and packingp.
~
~________________________________________________
~
~Eurobulbs , Norfolk, 01945 430009,
~
~single £7 per 100, £25 per tray. Doubles, £10 per 100, £45 per tray, pp £2.
~
~ HTH
~
~Janet.

I don't know if it helps but Jacques Amand in Stanmore are doing 100
for £9.95; that's dearer than the others quoted but I've been
acquiring bulbs for the past 3 years from them and they are good
quality and have made my garden a picture this spring. I'd forgotten
I planted so many! I don't know if they do mail order but it might be
worth phoning them

Jacques Amand The Nurseries Clamp Hill Stanmore Middlesex HA7 3JS.
Tel: 020 8420 7110

--
jane

Mark Twain