Old 18-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Ima Googler

Default Purple Fountain Grass in Tennessee

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this group and have a quick question. I planted a nice
mound of Purple Fountain Grass last year and am wondering what the
chances are of it coming back this year. Do they last through a
Tennessee mild winter?

Right now it looks like a bundle of dried hay. I know that there is
probably no definitive answer because it all depends on planting
location and temps, so i guess my actual question is this. How soon
will I see new growth if it is going to come back this season? I don't
want to trash it if its still got life left in it.

Thanks!
kim
Zone 6