Old 17-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Emrys Davies

"RW" wrote in message
I have a jasmine plant growing outdoors in a sunny well drained spot.

It is
aprox 2 to 3 metres tall and I have trained it round a rose arch.

Today I noticed that some leaves are turning brown from the outside of

the
leaf towards the inside. This seems to be gradually happening from the

lower
leaves upwards.

Could it be that this is simply due to lack of water, or some other

cause?
It has been quite dry (and warm) here in London recently.

RW.

All I can find under pests and diseases is that grey mould may cause
die-back after frost damage.

Is the root area open to the elements and not sheltered by some
overhanging obstruction.

You could disturb the nearby soil to see if it is sufficiently moist.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.