View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  
Old 18-03-2005, 02:50 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Nov 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima Googler
Thanks for the reply! I planted a nice mound of Purple Fountain Grass last year and am wondering what the chances are of it coming back this year. I hope I get lucky and find some new plants, but I suppose I'll go ahead and clean up its mess and not expect anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
It's rated hardy to zone 9, so I'd say it's a goner if you are in zone 6. You may get lucky and find some of the seed heads have sprouted new plants.
Ima, I'm posting from a forum and not usenet, so I don't know if I've cut and pasted this correctly. Hope so. Anyway, I should have stated that the seed heads would drop the seeds on the ground for new plants to sprout, but you probably already know that. Anyway, you could just cut the stalks near or to the ground for now and wait until plants in your garden begin to sprout before you dig it up and disturb the soil around it to look for new sprouts.
Newt