Old 18-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Walter

birdman wrote in
:

Walter wrote:

The previous owner of my home built a mound about 15-20 in diameter
and maybe 2 feet high at the center. This has been here several years
so it is covered with St. Augustine. I want to remove it, because is
serves no useful purpose for us and it blocks drainage in that part
of the yard.

I don't know the best way to go about this. Should I just attack it
with a shovel or rent a tiller, or pay someone to scoop it with a
bobcat and just re-sod the naked ground? I fear the shovel approach
would take quite a while by myself. The dirt is most likely a
combination of top soil and clay, mostly clay.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

there may be a reason the mound is there and you will find out when
you dig it up!

Oh, I know why it's there. The previous owner had the patio extended, and
purposely used the excavated dirt to build the mound for chipping
practice. I don't golf.