Old 18-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Richard Cline

In article ,
Hal wrote:

I have a 3/4" rubber hose that I have been using for 22 years (I got is
used). It still is in good shape. The hose doesn't kink. It is a
little heavy but I do not find that objectionable. I am 70 years old.

Dick

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:16:56 -0600, "Boots" wrote:

I am looking for suggestions on a garden hose that will not
kink every time you look at it. And also not one that is too
heavy to pull around as my wife and I are 70. Thanks

I'm a young 69, but my wife found a Melnor hose reel that is light and
has a flat hose that is pretty light and is 70' extended. The reel
case and handle are in the middle of the hose when it is extended.
It is light the water flow is slower and it leaks at the hose end
fittings, but it is easier to handle.

My kinking problem comes from turning the same direction many times
going through the various flower beds watering. I simply have to
twist the hose to get it straight again. I use a 3/4" hose that is
heavier with a stripe down the hose that helps me keep it fairly
straight. I prefer the larger hose because of the greater water
volume and have a hose reel attached to the house near the outside
hose bib. That is on the short end of the house where a straight
pull of the hose isn't possible, so I have hose guides. One guide
directly in front of the reel that allows me to pull the hose in a
direction adjacent to the reel and others to make turns as needed.
The hose guides makes dragging hose a lot easier. I must admit I
don't keep mine perfectly straight either and do have an occasional
kink.

Regards,

Hal