Old 18-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Spider

RW wrote in message
I have a jasmine plant growing outdoors in a sunny well drained spot. It

is
aprox 2 to 3 metres tall and I have trained it round a rose arch.

Today I noticed that some leaves are turning brown from the outside of the
leaf towards the inside. This seems to be gradually happening from the

lower
leaves upwards.

Could it be that this is simply due to lack of water, or some other cause?
It has been quite dry (and warm) here in London recently.

RW.

Being lower down on the plant, I would surmise drought (I'm in London, and
it has been very dry). Frost or wind damage could cause that sort of
damage, but I would have expected it to damage the upper leaves as well -
possibly more.

Spider