Old 19-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Warren

paghat wrote:
Should be PSI, pounds per square inch capacity. DPI applies to Photoshop
which I was using all morning. A hose that has a high PSI number will
likely never burst under water pressure. Cheap hoses at 100 or 150 PSI
could easily burst if the fawcett was turned on all the way. So
manufactuers like to leave that information off the packaging making it
impossible to judge the strength, though we can assume if they won't
reveal it it's insufficient.

Holy cow! If you've got that kind of pressure, then somebody left off a pressure
regulator on your line. Typical residential water pressure is only about 60 psi.
Higher pressures are either reduced before the meter, or a special commercial
meter would need to be installed.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Your Guide to the Care and Feeding of a Suburban Lawn:
http://www.holzemville.com/community...are/index.html