Old 19-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Travis

paghat wrote:
In article pTJ_d.4269$uw6.1778@trnddc06, "Travis"
wrote:

paghat wrote:
In article ,
Richard Cline wrote:

In article ,
Hal wrote:

I have a 3/4" rubber hose that I have been using for 22 years (I
got is used). It still is in good shape. The hose doesn't kink.
It is a little heavy but I do not find that objectionable. I am
70 years old.

Dick

Some gardening articles recommend checking the DPI on the hose to
assess its worth, but the vast majority of hoses don't state
anywhere on the hose or the packaging what the DPI might be, & if
you ask the average customer service guy or gal for the DPI info
on the hoses they sell, they'll think you're talking in Hungarian
or Chinese.

What is DPI?

Should be PSI, pounds per square inch capacity. DPI applies to
Photoshop which I was using all morning. A hose that has a high PSI
number will likely never burst under water pressure. Cheap hoses at
100 or 150 PSI could easily burst if the fawcett was turned on all
the way. So manufactuers like to leave that information off the
packaging making it impossible to judge the strength, though we can
assume if they won't reveal it it's insufficient.

-paggers

I C. When we had the house replumbed (is that a word) a couple of years
ago the plumbers put in a pressure regulator according to code. I think
it is set for 60 psi so we would never have more in the house.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5