Old 19-03-2005, 02:11 PM
David J Bockman

You can separate them as much as you'd like, although (depending upon their
vigor) it might be a season before they bloom again. Generally speaking,
planting to a depth which is equal to 3 times the diameter of the bulb is a
safe way to go.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

"Michael T" wrote in message
. com...
A dear friend (knowing I was sick) brought me a lovely 4-inch planter of
miniature daffodils.

So my questions is "Do I separate the bulbs when I transplant them to a
large planter on my back porch."

Finally how deep do I plant them? For example, do I place the bulbs 6

inches
below the surface, 12 inches below the surface, or other?

As always, thank you for your time.

Karen