Old 18-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Michael T

Default Miniature daffodil planting

A dear friend (knowing I was sick) brought me a lovely 4-inch planter of
miniature daffodils.

So my questions is "Do I separate the bulbs when I transplant them to a
large planter on my back porch."

Finally how deep do I plant them? For example, do I place the bulbs 6 inches
below the surface, 12 inches below the surface, or other?

As always, thank you for your time.

Karen

Old 19-03-2005, 02:11 PM
David J Bockman

You can separate them as much as you'd like, although (depending upon their
vigor) it might be a season before they bloom again. Generally speaking,
planting to a depth which is equal to 3 times the diameter of the bulb is a
safe way to go.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

. com...

Old 20-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by David J Bockman
You can separate them as much as you'd like, although (depending upon their
vigor) it might be a season before they bloom again. Generally speaking, planting to a depth which is equal to 3 times the diameter of the bulb is a safe way to go.

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

"Michael T" wrote in message
. com...
A dear friend (knowing I was sick) brought me a lovely 4-inch planter of miniature daffodils.

So my questions is "Do I separate the bulbs when I transplant them to a large planter on my back porch."

Finally how deep do I plant them? For example, do I place the bulbs 6 inches below the surface, 12 inches below the surface, or other?

As always, thank you for your time.

Karen
Hi Karen,

Great advice from David. I would add to be sure and let the leaves turn yellow before removing or cutting them. They will make food for the bulb so it can bloom again. Consider planting them in a group about 3" apart so they look like a nice clump when they bloom.

Hope you feel better soon.
Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.