Old 19-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Reel McKoi

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
I have frog eggs!!!!

# ALRIGHT!!! :-)))

I thought for sure the lady frogs would like the water a bit warmer,
current ranging 55-60*, but apparently not. I don't even have any lily

pads
up to the surface yet. Frogs are making due with the few stems of lizard
tails, Water Hawthorne and my thermometer with its attached string.

# Whatever they can get I suppose... no lady frogs here yet. I have
hornwart and elodia (pond weed) spread everywhere for their arrival. They,
and the newts love laying their eggs in these plants.

Koi ponds are still in winter mode. ~ 45*F. The difference, it's on the
north side of the house, the lily pond on the south. It should start to

get
more sun now. DH did a major pruning of the wisteria on its west side.

What
was a shaggy sheep dog wisteria, became a whippet. Took him 3 days to chip
all the prunings. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

# You have some really nice pictures on your website.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...