Old 19-03-2005, 11:20 PM
~Roy~

Herons also do a lot of their fishing at night. I often set outside in
the gazeebo, out of sight for the most part, and its not uncommon to
see a heron land way out at the other end of the field, and slowly
walk up through the field to the pond well over 300 to 400 feet.

On 19 Mar 2005 14:43:58 -0800, "kathy" wrote:

===I've heard of one person having good luck with fishing line
===but their situation was unique in that their pond lay between
===two green houses. The fishing line made it impossible for
===the birds to land anywhere close and I think those particular
===birds weren't comfortable walking too great a distance landing
===elsewhere and 'hiking in'.
===
===kathy :-)