Old 20-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Charlie
Pridham writes

Try and find one with a wide or double door opening and with a lot of roof
vents, also if you can view one assembled check that the design is solid and
does not distort under pressure, (bear in mind it is the glass that provides
most of the strength)

I wouldn't go for a very wide door Charlie unless the greenhouse was
fairly large or you are going to lose quite a bit of staging space
aren't you? If it's on the short side then presumably the staging will
come up to the path through the middle which is generally single door
wide?

My Alton greenhouse is now crumbling, put it up in 1979/80- so I guess I
cant complain but choosing a new one is almost impossible! I'd love one
of those that has a brick wall for a base as it would only have to be
half rebuilt if it fell down

A friend has an Alitex which is absolutely wonderful but beyond my purse
strings and some of those advertised in The Garden are really
attractive, but again probably too expensive to contemplate.

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph