Old 20-03-2005, 06:09 PM

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:45:40 +0000, Hunter77
wrote:

Hunter77 Wrote:
Hi, I'm new to forums and just wanted to say I totally agree with
whoever started this thread saying GardenWeb sucks. Too true. Spike the
tyrant kicked me out because the title of one of my posts wasn't
specific enough. The strange thing is that I see people breaking the
rules, even Spike does from time to time, but none of them ever get in
trouble. I guess it just depends on his mood.

And in addition to that, my ability to post was blocked after only 2
warnings. I kept getting redirected to a stupid Disney page. I politely
informed Spike of this only about half a dozen times. He never really
listened and kind of ignored me. I sent him a slightly harsher message
and my member page was gone. I was so angry; I spent lots of time on
that! I sent him a rude message. And my membership is gone. I tried
registering under a different E-mail address using the username
"Sephiroth". I still couldn't post; stupid Disney page again! then that
account was deleted. Argh! What's Spike's problem anyways?! Actually,
you know what, I don't want to be member of GardenWeb. Too strict. You
get banned for doing things right. It better not be that bad here. Down
with Spike the tyrant!

LOL! Got to watch the Ogre at that gate. I got kicked off without
warning for what I thought was a meaningless, if maybe a bit stupid
post. I remember thinking, "you gotta be kidding me. I'm Banned?!!?
FOR THAT??"

Anyway, I just used a different email account and got in just fine. I
suggest you clear you cookies (that dont sound right -- Gardenweb
would ban me for that), and your browser history files first. They
probably cached your account locally and you'll need to delete
yourself from your machine.

There's a lot of good stuff on Gardenweb, but you can get to it
without being a member, so its not a requirement. Considering some of
the stuff that goes on around here, I can see how some people would
like it nice and quiet, and like protection from the trolls. Still,
Spike seems to be a bit thin skinned for my tastes. I dont uderstand
the "no warning at all" type bans. Not even a notice to clear up your
act.

Swyck