Old 21-03-2005, 02:45 PM
MT Byers

I wasn't going for "rude." Not at all. Seen another way, by the
conventions of usenet, spamming a newgroup *is* rude.

Since I never saw the invitation to which this person refers, it looked
like just another one of those annoying attempts to pander his wares,
though couched in clever, charming words. That is the basis upon which
I made my remark.

If you made such an invitation, I would make a simple request. Would
you consider the possibility that perhaps this newsgroup is not the
place for your correspondence with this business owner? Would you also,
perhaps, consider taking that correspondence off list?

See? I'm not rude. I just make polite requests.

Anne Lurie wrote:

Don't be rude! How do *you* know what encouragement we may have given
Hostavalley in our private emails?

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

hostavalley wrote:

Dear garden friends,
Thanks for your kind e-mails a few weeks ago. You ask me to keep in
touch when there's a new update...

No one asked you anything of the kind, but the thought occurs to me: If I
asked you to get lost, would you be as willing to do that?