Old 21-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Bob Hobden

"Klara" wrote ...
after, Bob replied
Don't do 10 mins the first night, 20 the next, 30 the next and so on for
weeks until finished and then just suddenly stop. According to the experts
that sudden stop is what caused my arthritis of the spine. Be warned.

Really!? That's certainly useful to know, though I'm not sure how much
choice I have: weeks meeting deadlines and never moving from the computer,
then three free days - whee! - we both do battle with the garden - then
back to computer for another month: seems we're doing ourselves no favours

Three days isn't so bad, I worked every night until I was exhausted and it
went on for weeks. So whilst at first I could only manage to dig for, say,
half an hour, by the end I was digging like a navvy until bed time.
Then the pond was dug and I just sat back with my G + T.
Some months later I couldn't stand up, walk, sit in a car without crying
with pain. (and I am built like a navvy!)

--
Regards
Bob