Old 21-03-2005, 10:30 PM
marika

SKYlark wrote:
ok!!! i'm HOLLERING...could you .jpg me a pic?

I did a pile of gardening prep work this weekend and noted that my
fence has a bout had it. It is one of those ornamental things, just a
pile of logs trimming the edge of the walkway. It does serve no useful
purpose. Gave the house a kind of rustic feeling on one corner, even
though it is your average brick rancher of no note.

While driving around for supplies, I saw this one fence someone put up,
but I don't know what it is called. It is basically a bunch of logs
criss crossing reminiscent of forts made in childhood at camp. My
father said it is called a natural fence and is made of walnut but I
had disbelief to that. The name and the wood both. The length of the
logs would be too long for my corner of the world. But I wanted to
make one that is shorter of logs and cuter. Mostly because my dog died
recently and sticks was his favorite thing. So i Thought it would be
kind of cute. Does anyone have a clue what I am describing and whether
it is sane to do this. I remember in campe when we made these fences,
we sometimes did these 8 loops with rope to keep them stabler. I
thought maybe some pretty colors of braids would make it prettier
still.

mk5000

"I was conscious of putting on a smile that said Grad Student or
something safe, but with whatever had happened to my face, with the
peyote skating through my being, I just felt cockeyed and gravidly
insane.
The window was opened a crack and a voice boomed out. "--matthew
carnahan, serpent girl