Old 21-03-2005, 03:18 AM
Bob H

Spokane Wa area here....also zone 5, I have a 5000+ gallon pond, we have had
a lousy dry winter (30% of normal snowfall) so needless to say, my pond is
up & running, in fact it was nearly 60 here today so I donned my waders and
went in to clean the pump & such, noticed some of the water lilies are
starting to put out leafs...not sure of the water temp but it wasn't ALL
that cold when I reached in.

"ROSS" wrote in message
Has any one that has there pond covered opened it yet in zone 5 , i notice
some of our plants are starting to grow i have the pond covered with clear
fibre glass sheets with a floating pond heater , our pond is only 220gal
preform . The fibre glass makes it like a greenhouse when the sun comes
out but for the winter it works great , i think i should take it off soon
so the pond can adjust to the weather