Old 21-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Brian

Default A new garden.

Young friends have asked for my recommendations. Is there any
Camellia, other than 'Donation', that is as floriferous, easy to maintain
and so precocious? And as attractive.
Also~ for a small garden is there any better 'garden' tree than the
winter flowering cherry P. subbirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'?
My own trees are about to begin their sixth month of full blooming~~
without any gap. Quite the loveliest, ethereal and feminine of all trees.
Started early Nov. and no hesitation at all.
Their soil is ph6 ~~ the cherry might like a little lime, Camellia
quite OK.
On second thoughts I feel I have been making statements rather than
requesting advice!!
Best Wishes Brian.