Old 21-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Brian

Default A new garden.

Young friends have asked for my recommendations. Is there any
Camellia, other than 'Donation', that is as floriferous, easy to maintain
and so precocious? And as attractive.
Also~ for a small garden is there any better 'garden' tree than the
winter flowering cherry P. subbirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'?
My own trees are about to begin their sixth month of full blooming~~
without any gap. Quite the loveliest, ethereal and feminine of all trees.
Started early Nov. and no hesitation at all.
Their soil is ph6 ~~ the cherry might like a little lime, Camellia
quite OK.
On second thoughts I feel I have been making statements rather than
requesting advice!!
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 22-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
Young friends have asked for my recommendations. Is there any
Camellia, other than 'Donation', that is as floriferous, easy to maintain
and so precocious? And as attractive.
Also~ for a small garden is there any better 'garden' tree than

the
winter flowering cherry P. subbirtella 'Autumnalis Rosea'?
My own trees are about to begin their sixth month of full

blooming~~
without any gap. Quite the loveliest, ethereal and feminine of all trees.
Started early Nov. and no hesitation at all.
Their soil is ph6 ~~ the cherry might like a little lime, Camellia
quite OK.
On second thoughts I feel I have been making statements rather

than
requesting advice!!
Best Wishes Brian.

There are hundreds of Camellia varieties, one good one is called St Ewe,
single pink, first flower at Christmas, flowers to end of April and drops
flowers clean when they go over.
Trip to Cornwall in spring would probably fill a note book with other names
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 22-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Brian

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

[...]

Many thanks for answering Charlie. I do live in Cornwall and have a

large garden. I suppose I know most of the gardens in Cornwall that can be
visited~~ and many others by invitation. I really do believe Donation to be
the best for young gardeners~~ I cannot fault it. Was bred at Caerhays I
believe.
Best Wishes Brian