Old 22-03-2005, 01:35 PM
MT Byers

Margaret Lillard wrote:
OK, since we're all being so nicey nice, may I ask you kindly to step off?

Jeroen has posted here before. Yes, it was before "a few weeks ago" --
more like a few months -- and no, I can't find his posting in Google.
But I went to his site then and I went to it when he posted the other
day.

Ah, this discussion has yielded a kernel of useful corn at last. How
appropriate, how on-topic for a gardening group.

What we have revealed, of course, is the magic of spam. Spammers know
it's a numbers game, that those millions of eyes belong to all sorts of
people, and some portion of the population will always be rather too
credulous; some portion also will lack a firm grasp of cause and effect.

Mail and news servers are groaning under the load of millions of spam
messages. Encourage the spammers if you like, but remember that even
seemingly innocuous actions can have far-reaching consequences.

And oh, yes, in the spirit of "nicey nice," have a fabulous day! In
fact, I am so imbued with bonhomie that I am going to forbear consuming
any more bandwidth and server space with any more on this topic, too.