Old 22-03-2005, 11:06 AM
jane

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:54:52 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

~
~"Klara" wrote ...
~after Bob writes
~Three days isn't so bad, I worked every night until I was exhausted and it
~went on for weeks. So whilst at first I could only manage to dig for, say,
~half an hour, by the end I was digging like a navvy until bed time. Then
~the pond was dug and I just sat back with my G + T. Some months later I
~couldn't stand up, walk, sit in a car without crying with pain. (and I am
~built like a navvy!)
~
~ Months later! Isn't the body a strange thing? I hope it's not so bad now,
~ and that you can enjoy the fruit of your labours!!!
~
~Athletes warm up before and warm down afterwards, we should do the same
~short term and long term.
~Yes, we have enjoyed it for the past 20+ years.

My physio told me that humans are built to be continually moving. It's
not so much the exercise that gives us problems if we are doing it
continually, it's the not doing it. We seize up. Hence why medics are
always urging us to do moderate exercise - even walking - 3 or so
times a week.

--
jane

Mark Twain