Old 22-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Siouxzi

Apologies for weighing in with an uninformed opinion.

I did not go check out hostavalley when I responded, because it looked
like spam mail. (I'm perhaps hypersensitive because I get SO much spam
mail.). Some might still define the original hostavalley post as spam,
if indeed it sent out the same message about "kind emails"to many
newsgroups.

But after seeing the emotional back & forth, I went and looked. I
could not find any indication from the hostavalley site that the owner
was trying to SELL anything. Perhaps the owner does sell some hostas,
and that's fine, but the site seems to be mainly for the purpose of
sharing information and photos among hostaphiles, internationally.
It would be better to just send out a generic message inviting people
to visit a URL--and to be clear about whether the site is commercial,
simply informational, or both.

Anyway, the owner Jeroen seems to be a genuine, impassioned young
plant breeder in Holland. Best wishes to him.

Sue