Old 22-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Philippe Gautier

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:17:40 +0000 (UTC), Lynda Thornton
wrote:

In article ,
writes

http://garden.fotopic.net/p12901226.html

Can someone please identify the unknown plant in the middle for me,
before my brain explodes with the effort ? I know it's going to be
something quite common, probably, but I cannot remember what it is (I
planted the damn thing too!). Thank you to anyone who knows and posts.

Hi

I'm probably wrong but it almost looks like a verbena bonariensis in a
white form - can't be that sure though!

The flower does look a bit like a white verbena bonariensis, but the
leaves aren't the same... I thought that when I first picked it up but
that's not what it is. Damn - wish I'd made a note or kept the label.

Hi,

I'm almost sure it's Valeriana officinalis, maybe a white subspecies
since I think the wild form is pink. I've worked in genetics on these
plants for 2 years so, i should know.

Philippe