Old 18-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Jim Lewis

Remember my pygmy date palm that you guys decided is a bonsai by courtesy? It
is in a dark brown unglazed round literati pot, about 9" x 5". A visiting
expert suggested that it would look more elegant in a glazed pot, but where do I
find one in those dimentions, that I can afford? I looked at Bonsaimonk &
Dallas Bonsai Gardens, but they didn't have anything I could use. Ceramic pots in
the garden stores are either too deep or too garish. any suggestions?
Iris

Does it HAVE to be a "bonsai" pot? Check out ikebana pots, then
drill a hole in the bottom. I do that often. MUCH more
imagination and color used for ikebana pots than for bonsai pots
-- which are STEEPED in tradition.

You could even check out the houseplant section at your local
nursery.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Gregory Brenden++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++