Old 18-03-2005, 10:55 PM
John Savage

writes:
varieties. I bought a "red" variety but its gone green all the time. It is
quite warm here (Sydney). Anyone willing to part with a rhizome (sp?) from a
Red in Sydney that I can plant for next year?

Have you thought of ringing one of the radio gardening programs in Sydney
and asking if someone on your side of Sydney has some unwanted rhubarb
plants looking for a good home?

There are probably gardens where rhubarb is being dug out to make way for
new buildings, or gardens being grassed over or phased out. It will only
cost you the price of a phone call. 2UE and 2GB both have gardening from
6am -9am Sat & Sun. Anyone who dislikes rhubarb and buys a house with some
in the garden would probably just throw it away, too.