Old 23-03-2005, 03:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:49:58 -0700, WDC wrote:

I am just about ready to bring my plants up, divide 'em, and repot 'em.
Any thoughts on the advantages or disadvantages of fabric pots? I
hear some saying that fabric is one very good way to go as it allows for
better nutrient absorption.
Thanks for your input.
W. Dale
Colorado Springs, CO

Rippage could be a problem. I use the weed fabric inside a *Dollar Store*
plastic basket 18"X12"X6". This keeps the soil in, but supports the fabric
and gives a flat bottom. The fabric advantage over solid pots, little to no
rotten egg smell (hydrogen sulfide) when you repot, nor the dark staining
of the ooze from anaerobic soil, that gets on your skin and needs bleach,
or days, to get off.

Keep in mind, some plants just can't go in fabric, like cattails and
anything that's an aggressive grower. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~