Old 23-03-2005, 12:37 PM
Henry

Jesus Hernandez wrote:
Thank you, Henry. Do you know the best rose gardens in Spain?

I would like you tell me what are the best in USA. I´m looking information
about others rose gardens in the world, their designs, and other things about
them.

I'm sorry, I don't really know where you might go in Spain for gardens
but if you contact the Asociación Española de la Rosa they might be able
to help you. I couldn't find a web site but their contact info is this:

Oficina Técnica del Plan Verde
Av. Primado Reig, 70
46010 Valencia
Spain

Phone: (Country Code: 34) 96 362 92 66
Email:

Contacts:
Secretary - Senor Pedro José Salvador Palomo
President - Senor Francisco Ferrer Marti

I did find a reference to the Parque del Oeste in Madrid. That might be
a place worth looking for.

There are some nice gardens in the USA. I live on the east coast and
enjoy the rose garden at the National Arboretum (I've got some pictures
he http://www.dotrose.com/whatsinbloom/2003/20030524_rose.php).

In Hershey, Pennsylvania there is a place called Hershey Park and
Hershey Gardens (yes, the same Hershey as the chocolate company). Many
people go to the park for the rides but the gardens have a very nice
rose collection. http://www.hersheygardens.org/

There is a place called Park of Roses in Columbus, Ohio. I don't really
know anything about it but it sounds very nice.
http://www.clintonville.com/parkrec/rosegarden.html

The Missouri Botanical Garden is in St. Louis. There is the Arnold
Arboretum in Boston. I don't know specifics about roses at either place
but they are certainly worth a visit if you are in those parts of the
country. They have lots to see. There are many other gardens in the
USA and a web search should find at least many of them.

--
Henry