Old 23-03-2005, 03:35 PM
WDC

Reel McKoi wrote:

"WDC" wrote in message

I am just about ready to bring my plants up, divide 'em, and repot 'em.
Any thoughts on the advantages or disadvantages of fabric pots? I
hear some saying that fabric is one very good way to go as it allows for
better nutrient absorption.
Thanks for your input.
W. Dale
Colorado Springs, CO

========================
If you mean the stiff plastic mesh pots - they work well but must be lined
with something or the soil oozes out. I like regular pots with a sandy
garden soil. Less oozing of the soil and the plants thrive in them. If
they have no bottom holes I cut a few holes in the bottom. That keeps the
soil in the bottom from turning into a slimy stinking mess no roots grow
into anyway.

Makes sense! Think I will keep the plastic pots, put in some hole as
you mentioned and see what happens this year.
Thanks!
W. Dale