Old 24-03-2005, 11:59 AM
dps

Travis wrote:
... JPG's are already compressed so zipping them will not make them much
smaller if at all. You could use www.IrfanView.com the free viewer to
make them smaller.

If you don't know about IrfanView yet, it's time you did. It's an
all-purpose image viewer and basic editor. It does 99% (my estimate)of
all the photo editing most people will ever do: crop, resize,
brightness/contrast adjustment, red eye reduction, rotate (by any
angle), converting from one image format (BMP, JPG, etc...) to another,
making contact sheets, adding text to images, sharpen, etc., etc. It
allows you to look at exif data from digital photos (which contain
picture date/time, and other information about the camera).

It does all that faster than the fancy photo editors.

It's free for the downloading.

True, there are some things it doesn't do, so don't uninstall your fancy
photo editor, but IrfanView will probably become your first line of
editing if you try it.

I have no pecuniary or social interest in IrfanView. I just think it's a
great program.

Since much of gardening is visual, a discussion of photo editing is
relevant to this newsgroup.