Old 25-03-2005, 01:33 PM
news groups

DKat wrote:

"news groups" wrote in message

DKat wrote:

"news groups" wrote in message

dkat wrote:

Thank you. I'm on Long Island (in the middle of the Island on the
Northend - by the University of NY Stony Brook). And you?

Northeast Colorado Springs, CO. Today is simply gorgeous this morning!
Very deep blue sky, sunshine, and the forecast looks like this: Today: A
20 percent chance of showers after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high
around 50. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: A chance of rain showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow
showers. Cloudy, with a low around 25. East northeast wind between 3 and
5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2
inches possible.

Friday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high
around 36. South southeast wind between 5 and 15 mph. New snow
accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a
low near 23. South southeast wind 7 to 13 mph becoming north northeast.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high
around 34. North wind between 15 and 18 mph.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow showers before 3am. Partly
cloudy, with a low around 23.

And then on Sunday, back into the 50's. So, I think I will take Friday
off to do some work around the pond. I can see any of my lilies yet
because of an algae bloom. Maybe the snow, cold, and no sunshine will
temper this. LOL I sure hope so because I have not seen my fish in 3
days.

Have a happy Thursday!
W. Dale
Pond pictures soon!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures! I was born in Meeker. I still
miss that part of the country but when I move, if I want my husband to be
with me, it will have to be to warmer grounds....

LOL. I am beginning to understand.
My next door neighbor, who got me started with ponding, LOVES Colorado and
is thinking about moving to WV where it is warmer and has longer ponding
season!
His wife is in total agreement!
The front "they" were predicting has arrived! Very chilly temp here in my
part of the town. *sigh*
W. Dale

I keep saying to myself "April showers bring May Flowers!".... The crocuses
are up and soon we will be seeing other bulbs. At least we are in the time
of year where next week can be 70 degrees days (we are going to try to
forget the 1 foot snow storm on April 8th a couple of decades ago... and of
driving as far south as we could get in a couple of days to find green in
April and never finding it...).

Oh, I hear you!
Remember all that gorgeous weather I was telling you about yesterday??
Weeeeeeeeeellllllll, today we are under a winter storm watch.. Received
a few inches of snow yesterday and it is supposed to snow today through
Sunday. And I must say, my pond looks gorgeous! LOL Nothing but white
fluffy stuff all around and then there is the rocks, water and water
fall. :-))). I planted crocuses this past fall. And so far nothing.
:-(( I guess I planted them too deeply. My neighbors' yards are simply
abloom with flowers! However, I did see tulips near the pond starting
to poke through. :-))
Yes, you will get the snow! :-)))) Always happens that way.
W. Dale of "Wilmdale Pond"