Old 25-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Tony

Default planting time for a new border

I'm a relative novice to planting and I have a small plot at the front
of the house ,14ft x 7 ft & north facing, which I have just cleared
the weeds from and would like to now populate with plants.

I am thinking of predominatly perennials, which perhaps a splash of
annual colour at the front. The problem is I dont know when to plant
the perennials, the local garden centre as only a limited stock and I
really don't see what I want, is it that its too early or is the
garden centre at fault.

If I find suitable plants I suppose I can keep them in the pots and
sheltered until planting time, but when is the best time for that.

When does the garden centres have their best perennials..

Is there any good perennial nurseries in west yorkshire

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Tony

Leeds , West Yorkshire