Old 25-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Ian Waddell wrote:
I've seen machines on Ground Force and the like which take off the
top the level of turf on your lawn.

I'd like to do this so I can prepare a level surface and then

re-lay
my old turf.

What's the official name for these machines and can they be hired
easily?

Some hire shops do have them, though you may have to queue up behind
the cowboys to get your turn. I suppose they're called
"turf-cutters".

I wonder, though, how well you'll get on if your lawn is so uneven
that you want to take such drastic measures. If it's so bumpy that
the usual dodges are too laborious, is it perhaps so bumpy that the
machine won't run smoothly over it? (I merely ask.)

--
Mike.