Old 25-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Ian Waddell

Default Turf cutter

I've seen machines on Ground Force and the like which take off the top the
level of turf on your lawn.

I'd like to do this so I can prepare a level surface and then re-lay my old
turf.

What's the official name for these machines and can they be hired easily?

Regards,

Ian

Old 25-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Mike Lyle

Ian Waddell wrote:
I've seen machines on Ground Force and the like which take off the
top the level of turf on your lawn.

I'd like to do this so I can prepare a level surface and then

re-lay
my old turf.

What's the official name for these machines and can they be hired
easily?

Some hire shops do have them, though you may have to queue up behind
the cowboys to get your turn. I suppose they're called
"turf-cutters".

I wonder, though, how well you'll get on if your lawn is so uneven
that you want to take such drastic measures. If it's so bumpy that
the usual dodges are too laborious, is it perhaps so bumpy that the
machine won't run smoothly over it? (I merely ask.)

--
Mike.

Old 26-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Anthony

"Ian Waddell" wrote in message
I've seen machines on Ground Force and the like which take off the top the
level of turf on your lawn.

I'd like to do this so I can prepare a level surface and then re-lay my
old turf.

What's the official name for these machines and can they be hired easily?

Regards,

Ian

http://www.hss.com

Search for 'turf cutter', a couple of models available.
HTH
Anthony

Old 26-03-2005, 05:19 PM
Trevor Appleton

"Ian Waddell" wrote in message
I've seen machines on Ground Force and the like which take off the top the
level of turf on your lawn.

I'd like to do this so I can prepare a level surface and then re-lay my
old turf.

What's the official name for these machines and can they be hired easily?

Regards,

Ian

The hire at around £65 per day as they cost 4K apiece!

Old 28-03-2005, 09:28 PM
keith ;-\)

£30 +vat at Frank Keys Builders Merchants

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.

Old 30-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Paul

keith ;-) wrote:

£30 +vat at Frank Keys Builders Merchants

Hewden hire centres do them. Warning they make it look easy on the
television and it aint!. There are two types one you push the other has
powered rear wheels. Get the one with powered wheels it is a little easier.

Paul

Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Was turf cutter - how to level lawn Ian Waddell United Kingdom 3 03-04-2005 09:16 PM
turf cutter Jackie Whitehouse United Kingdom 1 30-05-2004 08:12 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM