Old 26-03-2005, 01:45 AM
B.Server

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:31:49 GMT, "Gene" wrote:

I am thinking about buying a piece of ~ 75'x45' greenhouse
"Shade Cloth" to completely cover the new greenhouse, which
is covered with 2 sheets of 6mil poly.

Questions:
1. What percent shading factor?
2. Brand?
3. Color?
4. Best place to buy?
5. Any idea how to determine the life of 6mil greenhouse
poly, when under greenhouse shade cloth?

THANKS,
Gene

I have used www.sundancesupply.com in the past. They delivered what
they said they would and when. Note however, that their minimum order
for shade cloth is $300. The black woven cloth is heavy, awkward to
put up, but lasted 16 years in Austin, Tx.

For the last few years, I have been using the Aluminet cloths from:
http://www.cloudtops.com/greenhouse_...h_aluminet.htm.

It weighs about 1/4 what the black cloth does, is highly reflective,,
bright and shiny (which some do not like) and the jury will be out for
around another 12 years on the durability issue.

Hope it helps.