Old 21-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Gene

Default Greenhouse ShadeCloth - which is best?

I am thinking about buying a piece of ~ 75'x45' greenhouse
"Shade Cloth" to completely cover the new greenhouse, which
is covered with 2 sheets of 6mil poly.

Questions:
1. What percent shading factor?
2. Brand?
3. Color?
4. Best place to buy?
5. Any idea how to determine the life of 6mil greenhouse
poly, when under greenhouse shade cloth?

THANKS,
Gene

Old 22-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Rusty Mase

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:31:49 GMT, "Gene" wrote:

I am thinking about buying a piece of ~ 75'x45' greenhouse
"Shade Cloth" to completely cover the new greenhouse, which
is covered with 2 sheets of 6mil poly.

Gene, I do not know if this is what you mean but I have ordered patio
shade screens from these people:
http://www.hendee.com/

The product is Enduro® Shade and I use the 63% shade factor. They
will sew large panels out of standard 6-foot widths. But for your
size that would be one expensive panel.

Rusty Mase
Old 26-03-2005, 01:45 AM
B.Server

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:31:49 GMT, "Gene" wrote:

I am thinking about buying a piece of ~ 75'x45' greenhouse
"Shade Cloth" to completely cover the new greenhouse, which
is covered with 2 sheets of 6mil poly.

Questions:
1. What percent shading factor?
2. Brand?
3. Color?
4. Best place to buy?
5. Any idea how to determine the life of 6mil greenhouse
poly, when under greenhouse shade cloth?

THANKS,
Gene

I have used www.sundancesupply.com in the past. They delivered what
they said they would and when. Note however, that their minimum order
for shade cloth is $300. The black woven cloth is heavy, awkward to
put up, but lasted 16 years in Austin, Tx.

For the last few years, I have been using the Aluminet cloths from:
http://www.cloudtops.com/greenhouse_...h_aluminet.htm.

It weighs about 1/4 what the black cloth does, is highly reflective,,
bright and shiny (which some do not like) and the jury will be out for
around another 12 years on the durability issue.

Hope it helps.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:00 PM
mrchaos007

I have been using the aluminet and some black. I like the aluminet
better. It causes the greenhouse to be cooler and brighter, both good. I
have had two pieces for 5 years and they have held up well except for
the holes the rats chewed in them during storage.

Very good product and I highly recommend, Many suppliers carry it.

Dave
www.gardensoftheancients.com

Shadecloth J Kolenovsky Gardening 1 09-07-2006 07:28 PM
Shadecloth J Kolenovsky Texas 0 09-07-2006 03:13 PM
Shadecloth alternatives in Australia? Jason Paris Permaculture 3 05-05-2003 01:08 PM
Attaching shadecloth to an aluminium greenhouse Red Sky Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Shadecloth alternatives in Australia? len brauer Permaculture 1 27-03-2003 03:21 AM