Old 26-03-2005, 01:41 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 3/25/2005 12:06:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Do you have any suggestion on soil mixture for ficuses?

The problem with any Bonsai soil mixture is that it depends upon your
cultural habits as much as it does the plant. I have grown a number of species
of Ficus in Metro Mix 500 which contains Peat/Coir, vermiculite, sand, Pine
bark ash. I have grown Ficus in 1/3 Turface, 1/3 gravel and 1/3 Composted Pine
bark. In larger pots I use a mix that substitutes pumice for the gravel.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++