Old 26-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Anil Kaushik

Ovais

The recipes for potting mixture for ficuses is as varied as the number of
species. After experimenting with different mixtures, I have come to this
conclusion that any mixture with good POROSITY can be used for ficuses. In fact
every plant can grow in any mixture if it is POROUS and well balanced with macro
and micro elements. Don't bother about the ingredients if the plant is happy
and showing good growth.

Fortunately I have never encountered root rot and subsequent mortality with any
of the ficuses.

Regards

Anil Kaushik
Bonsai Club (India)
Chandigarh "The City Beautiful"

Thank you Anil , Karachi is a Ficus city, we have it every where, i agree
with you on most of your advice.

how ever , overwatering , and susequent root rot is the reason for loss of
plants.
Do you have any suggestion on soil mixture for ficuses?

ovais

species of this genus cannot be grown there!