Old 26-03-2005, 07:49 AM
Greg Cooper

Hal wrote:
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:21:01 -0600, (DD DDD) wrote:

I read a lot here. I was wondering if anyone has ever used 1/4 inch
plexiglass over the top of a 200 gallon round pond? I would mount it 1
inch above the pond. My only problem id would condensation form inside
the plexiglass? I can put a hinge lid and anything else needed for
cleaning ect. I just dont like the net idea. Raccoons can eat through
that. Ant ideas would be great. Thank you.

Sounds interesting. I've seen ponds inside a greenhouse.

Regards,

Hal

I have been using a thin black plastic mess netting - the type sold to
cover fruit trees from birds. Its been working very effectively for
the last two years at keeping Robby Racoon at Bay. It is very cheap as
well. plexiglass would be quite expensive, and very obtrusive in my
opinion.