Old 26-03-2005, 10:37 AM
JennyC

"VivienB" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:07:14 +0100, "JennyC" wrote:

pro's and cons:

The FAQ was really useful back in the days before Google came along to solve

all
our 'I need to find such and such......'.
I'm personally slowly ditching nearly ALL my bookmarks, FAQ sites etc as I

can
soon find what I need by searching.

However - lots of people are not very handy with search engines, so for them

etc are very useful indeed.

Maybe some other URGler will feel the urge to update it a bit.

I find that search engines these days are cluttered with paid-for
entries and entries from the comparison shopping sites and the like. I
often don't have time to wade through them all.
I do keep bookmarks for websites I see recommended here or in
publications, if they are appropriate to me or my garden. I admit that
I have rarely looked at the FAQ - I forget it exists, despite having
it bookmarked!

My point exactly !! - I used to have so many bookmarks that I never knew what
I'd got. I'm slowly weeding them out and only keeping the really good
Jenny