Old 26-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Tony

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 12:23:01 +0100, Magwitch wrote:

Plant when the soil warms up... the odd late frost shouldn't be a problem
unless you've watered them in and then the same night the frost freezes any
water around the roots. For a great range, ideas and some info try:

http://www.crocus.co.uk/

All their mail order plants have been ok for me. You can even order one of
their 'designer' beds.

I had thought about mail order but I remember years ago my mother
ordered some mail order plants which turned up bare roots and in bad
condition.. But I see from your link that these plants are supplied in
potss, I like the idea of seeing the actual plant in the garden
centre, but I can never actually find the exact plant I want, at least
with the mail order the choice is larger and you can research the
variety online..

Will try mail order for the bulk purchase & fill in with plants from
the garden centers & nurseries..

What about

www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

Any dealings with them..