Old 27-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Gomezz

"DrPhil" wrote in message
. ..
Sould I try to sharpen my chain saw blade? Is it easy to do? or just
take it to the guy that does this for a living.

It's easy. Clamp the bar in the vice, make a mark (so you know where you
started), file it (with the correct size chain saw file for your bar in one
of those 'clamp on' guides that shows the correct angle) and I give it about
6 to 8 strokes on each tooth. While you're there, check the bar oiling
system, chain tension, and grease the nose roller. These are all things you
should be able to do 'out in the woods' (without heading back to the
"chainsaw guy" for every little thing).

Red