Old 27-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Lynda Thornton

In article , Sacha
writes
On 27/3/05 16:05, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

In article , Lynda Thornton
writes
Hi

Yesterday I spotted a black cat stalking across our front lawn (never
seen one there before and I see the front garden a lot) with something
in its mouth, it looked grey and like a small animal of some kind.

I didn't think it could be a baby bird yet, too early surely? What
might it have been, a baby squirrel perhaps, it looked a bit big for a
mouse, but maybe a large one? Any ideas?

Rat?

Baby rabbit? One of its own kittens?

Hi

I thought of the kitten idea but then wondered where it was carrying its
kitten from and to (I don't think our immediate next door neighbours
have a cat), I've never seen the cat there before and it seemed an odd
route, I have no idea where it lives. We get a few here, but they
usually seem to have the same route along the flagged path beneath the
long hedge at the back, rather than at the front.

I didn't get enough of a look to see whether it was a rabbit but I
thought wild rabbits were brown rather than grey? I'll probably never
know I guess and I just hope the front lawn isn't becoming a new cat
territory!

Lynda