Old 27-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Lynda Thornton

Default What was this cat carrying? A bit OT

Hi

Yesterday I spotted a black cat stalking across our front lawn (never
seen one there before and I see the front garden a lot) with something
in its mouth, it looked grey and like a small animal of some kind.

I didn't think it could be a baby bird yet, too early surely? What
might it have been, a baby squirrel perhaps, it looked a bit big for a
mouse, but maybe a large one? Any ideas?

Plus has anyone found an effective deterrent yet, what do people think
of Silent Roar?

Lynda

Old 27-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Mike

Plus has anyone found an effective deterrent yet?

Lynda

Deterrent to the VERMIN CAT?????

YES

Called the Cat and Dog Repeller, it works off 2 x 9 volt batteries and is a
small and very portable unit and is easy to hide. It is made by STV
International Ltd 2002 at Little Cressingham in Norfolk

Mike
with a cat crap free garden :-))

--
H.M.S.Collingwood Ass. Llandudno 20 - 23 May Trip to Portmeirion
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past

Old 27-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Bob Hobden

"Kay" wrote
after Lynda Thornton
Yesterday I spotted a black cat stalking across our front lawn (never
seen one there before and I see the front garden a lot) with something
in its mouth, it looked grey and like a small animal of some kind.

I didn't think it could be a baby bird yet, too early surely? What
might it have been, a baby squirrel perhaps, it looked a bit big for a
mouse, but maybe a large one? Any ideas?

Rat?
--

Probably a Rat or large mouse, it's what cats do. We are always finding dead
rats on our allotments, if it was a fox he'd eat it so it must be some of

--
Regards
Bob

Old 27-03-2005, 05:31 PM
JennyC

"Lynda Thornton" wrote in message
Hi

Yesterday I spotted a black cat stalking across our front lawn (never
seen one there before and I see the front garden a lot) with something
in its mouth, it looked grey and like a small animal of some kind.

I didn't think it could be a baby bird yet, too early surely? What
might it have been, a baby squirrel perhaps, it looked a bit big for a
mouse, but maybe a large one? Any ideas?

Plus has anyone found an effective deterrent yet, what do people think
of Silent Roar?
Lynda

Mole, Vole, Rat, Ferret, Weasel .....?
Ours used to bring in all sorts of things..... all the above, seagull (!), BbQ
sausages (still in packet!), frogs, toads, parrot(s)....
Jenny

Old 28-03-2005, 12:40 PM
CK

Hi Lynda,

Our neighbour's cat had killed a baby grey squirrel in our garden and
brought it to the front door of her owner in last summer. If there are
squirrels in your area, it might be the answer.

I am still trying to look for a cheap but effective way to deter those two
vermin cats next door.

With regards,
CK from Aberystwyth

Old 28-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Mike

I am still trying to look for a cheap but effective way to deter those two
vermin cats next door.

Called the Cat and Dog Repeller, it works off 2 x 9 volt batteries and is a
small and very portable unit and is easy to hide. It is made by STV
International Ltd 2002 at Little Cressingham in Norfolk

We have had one for about two months (one of the net nannies will correct me
if I am more than 6 hours out) and it has been superb. Easy to move around
and deters VERY quickly.

Possibly the death knell to many readers of this newsgroup who would rather
ignore me and have the cat crap rather that go with me, "But I recommend it
highly"

:-)))

Old 29-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Clive Holden

"Mike" wrote in message

Deterrent to the VERMIN CAT?????

YES

Called the Cat and Dog Repeller, it works off 2 x 9 volt batteries and is
small and very portable unit and is easy to hide. It is made by STV
International Ltd 2002 at Little Cressingham in Norfolk

Mike
with a cat crap free garden :-))

Hi Mike,

This sounds interesting - how does it work exactly? By any chance does it
emit a high voltage shock to said cats as they squat to crap??!!! :-)))

Clive in Kent

Old 29-03-2005, 11:39 AM
bigboard

Lynda Thornton wrote:

Hi

Yesterday I spotted a black cat stalking across our front lawn (never
seen one there before and I see the front garden a lot) with something
in its mouth, it looked grey and like a small animal of some kind.

I didn't think it could be a baby bird yet, too early surely?

Nope, not by a long shot. There have been plenty of broods born already this
year. I have even seen reports of broods at the end of last year.