Old 27-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Srgnt Billko

"DrPhil" wrote in message
. ..
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"DrPhil" wrote in message
. ..

Sould I try to sharpen my chain saw blade? Is it easy to do? or just
take it to the guy that does this for a living.

If you think it's a blade, I am guessing you shouldn't try.

duh. meant chain:0

Make sure you don't hit nails, wire, etc imbedded in wood or rocks or
stone - and keep the bar and chain out of the dirt. If you are carefull

the
chain should last for lots of cutting. From the way you talk I'm

guessing
you aren't using it much - probably should last a couple years. I work

the
hell out of mine and they last over a year.

musta got into the dirt trying to cut into roots of stump left over from
tree that fell during storm. Was new blade now makes dust when I use
it. I am good at sharpening drill bits, never tried chain saw sharpening.

Our local shops only charge $5 and they use a machine that lines the cut up
right. I'm a retired tool and diemaker and I don't bother doing it myself.
I do keep extra chains though - and I cut roots with an axe - never a chain
saw.