Old 27-03-2005, 10:55 PM
Ovais

Ficus in Karachi , grows in any medium, the advice on porosity and also
mixture by billy are a good advice.

In here we have following choices in terms of soil mixtures ingredients
which are as follows.

1-fine sand
2-rotted manure from sewage
3-rotted animal(cow and goat and buffalo) dung
4-rotted manure from slaughtered animals stomachs.Collected from abattoirs.
5-leaf mould, and other organic composts(small quantities)

typically the combination of no.1 with the other four forms the normal
potting soil for the potted plant, how ever for bonsai we add gravel, for
porosity.

ovais

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++