Old 28-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Frogleg

On 27 Mar 2005 14:50:29 -0800, "hostavalley"
wrote:

I put a selection (11) of the pictures (that I took today and
yesterday) on my hostavalley website ( www.hostavalley.com ). You can
see them if you want.

Your web site takes a *very* long time to load due to the *extremely*
large (byte) size of your pictures. First, create 'thumbnail' photos
of the dimensions you want to display. Do not reference full-scale
photos and force the browser to scale down for display. Second, use
jpg/jpeg compression to bring down the size of the images. Ideally,
photos on the web should be no larger than 30-50kb, at least until we
all get broadband access. :-)

The photos are very nice, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with
your new camera.