Old 28-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Blair

"Geo" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:48:28 +0100, "Blair"

wrote:

I bought a bag of Lawn Sand which I had assumed contained a chemical

which
killed moss. After putting it on there appears to be no blacking of the

moss
which in the past would have happened by now especially as we have had

rain.
The bag I had before did have sand and a chemical mixed.
If it is not called Lawn Sand what should I be asking for?

The instructions usually say to apply when the lawn is damp with dew and

several
dry days are expected. This gives the stuff time to burn the broad weeds

etc
before it is washed off and into the soil. What did yours say?

Geo

Thanks to all who replied.
I now realise that I bought sharp sand which is expensive. But where to get
a cheaper or free supply is difficult to find.
To day I bought a bag of Lawn Conditioner from B & Q which contains moss
killer and fertiliser.costing £15.98 and applied it on a damp day.
I have two main lawns one at the back of my house which had good soil added
when I built my house but the side lawn was sown on poorer soil partly
because the level had to be reduced so the minimum of good soil was added.
I have added fertiliser every year to this side lawn but the moss still
appears
The ground is well drained
Blair