Old 28-03-2005, 10:23 PM
DKat

I would at least put in some mosquito fish (or rosie reds) to keep
mosquitoes from breeding. They don't need filtration really and neither
does your lily.

"Tom Puskar" wrote in message
Courtesy of a pond expansion last fall, I have a preformed liner (about
100 gallons) that I'm thinking about using as a lily pond. I can put in
direct sun and make it look nice.

The lilies didn't do well in my pond since I think they didn't get enough
sun--still won't if I put them back in the main pond.

My question is if I establish a lily pond do I need filtration? I
wouldn't put fish in it but am concerned about stagnant water.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tom Puskar
Howell, NJ